Madhugiri is small town located in Tumkur District and is at distance of 100 kms from Bangalore. Madhugiri is the headquarters for education as declared by the state government of Karnataka. On hearing the name of Madhugiri one thing flashes the mind is the Madhugiri Peak which is the Second largest monolith Rock of Asia after the Savandurga of Magadi.
Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
Vacation Style Holiday TypeTrekking
Activity Level Moderate
Group Size Large Group
The Oxford dictionary defines the term monolith as a large single upright block of stone, especially one shaped into or serving as a pillar or monument.
And with the Madhugiri Hill, located approximately 100 km away from Bangalore in the Tumkur district of Karnataka, being the second largest monolith in Asia after Savandurga, you can be certain it’s not going to be your average fort trek.
The trek up Madhugiri Fort sets itself apart owing to a myriad of reasons, the most obvious of which being the fairly challenging climb up to the peak and the intricate architecture adorning the ancient fort that follows you all throughout the trail.
Literally meaning Honey-Hill, Madhugiri derives its name from the Honeybee colonies that used to be prevalent atop the fortress during ancient times.
Originally built in the year 1678 by Raja Heera Gowda of the Ganga Dynasty, various additions were made to the fortress later on by Hyder Ali, the then de facto Sultan of Mysore.
With grand bastions, gateways and water tanks located at strategic locations, the Madhugiri Fort is a prime example of the way warfare was conducted in those days.
Trek Dates: All Weekends
TREK DURATION: 1 Day
DISTANCE: 05 kms (to & fro)
- Following are the pickup points along with timings
- Hyderabad Chef House , HSR Layout, Bangalore
- Reporting Time : 06:00 AM
- New Shanti SagarHotel ,HAL Road,Domlur Bridge.
- Reporting Time: 06:15 AM
- MG Road, Hard Rock Cafe near Anil Kumble Signal.
- Reporting Time: 06:30 AM
- Expert Trek Leads Forest Guide
- Forest permit charges tent stay
- 1 Breakfast 1 Lunch
- To and fro journey from Bangalore
- If you cancel 7 days before the date of event:
90% refund will be provided. (Payment gateway charges will be deducted)
If you cancel 3-6 days before the date of event:
- 50 % of the actual amount of the trek. (Payment gateway charges will be deducted)
If you cancel 48 hours before the date of event:
- No refund would be provided.
- Last-minute cancellations due to work, health issues etc. would not be entertained and no refund or transfer shall be allowed for the same.
- Additional charges would be deducted (based on from where you booked) if you
- Leave Bangalore by 6 AM (Approx)
- Have breakfast on the way
- Reach Base and start the trek
- Reach the peak and explore the Top
- Descend and reach back to base camp
- Return to Bangalore and reach by 7 PM